Juice Cleanse Tips
• Keep drinking at least eight glasses of water per day!
• Make sure you get plenty of rest.
• If you are having trouble eliminating? We recommend booking a colonic or doing enemas to help flush out any toxic waste. If that is an unpleasant thought, try a herbal laxative – like Traditional Medicinals Smooth Move® tea.
• You might want to lighten your usual work-out routine, and instead take a couple of light walks per day to accelerate your lymphatic and circulatory systems.
• Treat yourself to a Dr. Hauschka Classic Treatment, the Detoxifying Lymph Stimulation helps move toxins out and allows blood to move nutrients into areas of stagnation.
• Try an infared sauna, which will not only help you sweat, but it will relax you, too!
• Consider a massage or reflexology treatment.
• Try a skin brush before you shower to open your pores and shed dead skin cells.
• Treat yourself to as much herbal tea as you want.
• Treat yourself to warm baths and/or showers.
• Try a daily meditation to quiet your mind
• It could be beneficial to take a daily probiotic to help your intestines repopulate the good flora you need, and to help you get balanced. Feeling uncomfortable? Don’t sweat it! Remember, while your digestive system is getting a lighter load, your body is adjusting to the clean nutrients you’re putting in it, and it’s simultaneously ridding itself of all the junk you just don’t need. A lot is going on, and sometimes that can feel a little overwhelming!
• If you absolutely need to eat something, try a handful of raw nuts or a piece of fruit or blend a frozen banana or a handful of kale into your cashew milk with a teaspoon of raw cacao powder.
What To Expect During Your Juice Cleanse ?
Everyone's diet is different and everyone's juice cleanse experience is different as well. Many people want to know what to expect so they can avoid unwanted surprises.
Whether you are on a short juice cleanse or on an extended juice cleanse, you may experience any of these symptoms:
Hunger pangs: Hunger pangs are worst-felt during the first day or 2 days of your cleanse. A water enema can help to quickly reduce hunger pangs and get you into a fasting state, as it ends the digestion in the colon. Once you get through the first 2 days, you will be surprised that the hunger pangs just disappear and you can continue with a prolonged fast rather easily.
Weakness: Your stamina takes a dip when you are fasting. The lack of energy also means that your body is not burning fuel to keep your body warm. During this time, it is normal to feel cold most of the time. Keep warm by wearing some warm under-garments. Sleepiness is also commonplace, so take your time to sleep in and rest.
Bad breath and body odor: Bad breath is normal during fasting and body odor may also increase. But if the odor gets excessive, add alfalfa juice to your juice fast recipes. A white-coated tongue at the beginning of a fast contributes to bad breath, but is evidence of your body eliminating toxins from the body.
Giddiness or nausea: You may experience some light-headedness or nausea in some cases because of the hunger pangs. During this period, a lie-in might help if you feel faint. Taking about 3000mg to 5000mg vitamin C will help detoxify some of the toxins for relief (don’t worry, you won’t get overdose on vitamin C). You can also drink a glass of carrot and capsicum juice with a little ginger, that will work wonders.
Bloating: Fresh juices have a way of cleaning out the small intestines, reaching into every fold and “air pockets” and releasing old fecal matters. At the same time, turning inside out, the habitats of the bad bacteria/parasites. There’s a lot of activities going on with the microorganisms inside that’s releasing gas during this time of cleansing, which is why you may feel bloated. This bloatedness will subside over time, but drink LOTS of water with lemon juice in it, to help relieve the bloating.
Bowel movement: Diarrhea is common during juice cleansing as fruit juices have natural laxative effect. Elimination of mucus or dark stools is normal as these are elimination of toxins. Some people take enemas in the morning to help them ease the bowel. A properly administered colon hydrotherapy will also do much good when juice fasting for a prolonged period.
Aches and pains: Elimination of toxins can cause tightness in some parts of the body resulting in aches and pains. During a long juice fast, some people are temporarily freed from arthritis and other constant pains that they normally experience. Headaches or stomachaches may be withdrawal symptoms from salt, sugar or caffeine.
After about seven to ten days of fasting, many of these symptoms may subside altogether. However, continuing aches and pains in certain parts of your body may mean continuous elimination of fatty tissue is still going on. This is not harmful, but rejoice that your physical body is working well. But, if you experience severe pain or swelling, you should stop fasting. Then, at whichever point of your fast, take precaution to break your fast slowly.
Follow your instinct and listen to your body. Should you feel severe discomfort and feel that your body cannot take it, break your fast gently and safely. Act responsibly regarding your health when juice cleansing.The above are only some symptoms of a “healing crisis”. They’re inevitable and should be welcomed during a fast, as evidence that your body is doing a deep-cleansing work.